Coastguard Boating Education is committed to offering an environment of wellbeing and safety for all students, tutors and staff, and to ensuring practices that promote safe and healthy learning and work environments.
For queries regarding COVID-19 or other wellness/safety issues, please call us on 0800 40 80 90 or email email@example.com
Overview of the Long-term Approach to Managing COVID-19
With effect from 15 August 2023, the Government removed the remaining Covid-19 public health requirements, including 7 day mandatory isolation and wearing of face masks for visitors to healthcare facilities. The Ministry of Education recommends that tertiary education providers follow COVID-19 health advice, and support staff and learners to do so.
Mask wearing remains an important way we can prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses. RAT tests will remain free for everyone throughout 2023. Latest health advice on COVID-19 includes:
• Stay at home if you are feeling unwell;
• If you have tested positive for COVID-19, it is recommended you isolate for 5 days;
• If you do need to leave your home during your 5-day isolation period, it's important you take precautions to prevent spreading COVID-19 to others, e.g., wearing a mask
Advice to an Unwell Student or Staff member
Emergencies - for medical emergencies, call 111.
Concern about the health of a student or staff member – ask the student or staff member to call:
• Their doctor or nurse practitioner,
• Iwi health provider, or
• Healthline for free on 0800 358 5453.
For more information, see: Unite against COVID-19 https://covid19.govt.nz