Coastguard Boating Education is committed to offering an environment of wellbeing and safety for all students, tutors and staff, and to ensuring practices that promote safe and healthy learning and work environments.
For queries regarding COVID-19 or other wellness/safety issues, please call us on 0800 40 80 90 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of the Long-term Approach to Managing COVID-19
The long-term approach to managing COVID-19 came into effect at 11.59 pm on Monday 12 September 2022, replacing the previous COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic light system).
This means that:
• All remaining worker vaccination mandates were discontinued.
• Masks continue to be required in health settings but are no longer required on public transport or any other settings, including tertiary education settings. However, masks can continue to be worn by those who feel more comfortable doing so.
• Confirmed COVID-19 cases are still legally required to self-isolate for 7 days. Anyone who is symptomatic is encouraged to stay home and get tested.
• Household contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases are no longer required to self-isolate but are asked to test for COVID-19 for the first 5 days of the case’s isolation period and to wear a mask when out and about.
• Passengers arriving from outside New Zealand are encouraged to test on days 0/1 and 5/6.
Advice to an Unwell Student or Staff member
Emergencies - for medical emergencies, call 111.
Concern about the health of a student or staff member – ask the student or staff member to call:
• Their doctor or nurse practitioner,
• Iwi health provider, or
• Healthline for free on 0800 358 5453.
For more information, see: Unite against COVID-19 https://covid19.govt.nz