NZ Certificate in Domestic Maritime Operations (Restricted Limits) (Level 4 )
Pathway to Skipper Restricted Limits (SRL)
AimThe aim is to qualify and train individuals to the regulatory standards required to skipper, undertake maintenance, and safely operate boats within the limits specified in the qualification and prepare these people for the regulatory Seafarer Certification (SRL). The qualification is intended for persons working as deck crew or persons with suitable experience as
Completion of this qualification is a pre-requisite to applying for a Maritime New Zealand Skipper Restricted Limits Certificate. Award of the Skipper Restricted Limits Certificate by Maritime New Zealand may also require the completion:
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
1. Plan a passage and navigate using electronic and non-electronic navigational systems.
2. Operate a restricted limits vessel at sea.
3. Maintain legal compliance on a restricted limits vessel.
4. Maintain safety and respond to emergencies on a restricted limits vessel.
5. Operate vessel propulsion, auxiliary machinery and systems.
6. Maintain vessel propulsion, auxiliary machinery and systems. (from 2505 version 1)
Education / Pathway
This qualification can build on the skills developed in:
• New Zealand Certificate in Domestic Maritime Crewing (Level 3) [Ref: 2895].
Graduates wishing to continue with domestic maritime operations can progress to:
• New Zealand Certificate in Domestic Maritime Operations (Coastal and Offshore) (Level 4) [Ref: 2892].
Graduates may also progress to qualifications recognised internationally under the Standards for Training Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW):
• New Zealand Certificate in Maritime Operations (Level 4) with strands in Fishing and Watchkeeping [Ref: 2513]
• New Zealand Certificate in Maritime Operations (Level 5) [Ref: 2512]
• New Zealand Diploma in Nautical Science (Level 6) [Ref: 2515]. (from 2505 version 1)
Employment / Pathway
• Master < 500GT • Watchkeeper Deck – Unlimited, which is the mandatory prerequisite to Master of a Foreign Going Ship (Master Mariner) qualifications.
(from 2505 version 1)
Download the Brochure
Sign up today!
If you are interested in applying please click the button below to download the prospectus and information pack.
Skipper’s (master’s) functions and duties on:
· passenger and non-passenger ships less than 12 metres
· fishing vessels less than 12 metres
• BLENDED: distance (home-based study), classroom and onboard practical hours
2022 Fees: $1,740
• *CBE Scholarship
*Check your eligibility HERE