The Day Skipper - CBE Certificate course is an introductory Coastguard Boating Education course for all members of the family or crew, including those new to boating. It is particularly suited to those who are new to the responsibility of being a skipper on their own vessel.
This course is for recreational pleasure craft operators and crew and covers general knowledge required to operate a pleasure craft in familiar waters during daylight hours, at an introductory level.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- the components of a boat and its equipment
- basic boat handling techniques
- the use of navigational charts
- basic tide and weather terminology
- navigational marks
- Maritime Rules and Regulations
- the causes of and preventative actions to be taken in emergency situations
- common marine knots and their application.
On successful completion of this course, you will have achieved Coastguard Boating Education's Day Skipper Certificate. This is an internal certification only and is not recognised by any qualification authority or
Taken as Classroom Study and depending on the course structure, i.e., weekends or nights, an in-class time commitment of 16 hours will apply.
You can also purchase this course as a Gift.